COSMED Quark RMR for ICU
The Quark RMR is a state-of-the-art metabolic cart designed for accurate measurement of Resting Energy Expenditure (REE) and respiratory ratio (R), in a non-invasive way, through the measurement of oxygen consumption (VO2) and carbon dioxide production (VCO2) together with other ventilatory parameters.
Energy requirements are monitored accurately and instantaneously either on spontaneously breathing subjects with a flow-dilution canopy hood or (optionally) to mechanically-assisted patients by inserting directly at the patient’s circuit a disposable flowmeter (Flow-REE). The number of available configurations make the Quark RMR the most versatile metabolic cart for applied research in human physiology. Quark RMR’s accuracy and reliability have been validated against Gold Standard methods either with spontaneously breathing subjects (at rest and during exercise) and mechanically assisted patients.
- Allows accurate measurement of energy requirements of patients in Intensive Care Units
- In-line Measurement within Patient’s Circuit (with disposable pneumotac) – simplifies measurements (no need to compensate for bias-flow, etc.)
- Indirect calorimetry (continuous VO2, VCO2)
- Substrate of metabolism (RQ, %FAT, %CHO, %PRO)
- Suitable for subjects from 15kg and above
- Accuracy and reliability validated against Deltatrac
- Featuring OMNIA, powerful, easy-to-use software with optional touch screen user interface
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Multi-user networking via Microsoft SQL data base
- Fully LDAP ready for hospital IT simplicity – (Single sign-on using your domain credentials)